Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today has been a trying day on my spirit. My mom was just taken to be admitted into the psychiatric hospital. I have been watching my mom go through this struggle for the past 3 years. I have cried with her, screamed with her, PRAYED with her, and so much more. We have had sleepless nights and frantic days filled with fear, anxiety,frustration, and even heartache. I've asked the question why so much, I got tired of asking and decided to educate myself better so I wouldn't have to ask the question anymore, and if I did I had more clarity and understanding for not only myself but for my mom and family. When my mom first became ill, I had just left a job that no longer met my needs and decided to enroll into Pharmacy Tech school to better educate myself with the medicine and medical aspect of my moms' current illness. I realized through that process that meds are just a small part of a major problem. After watching my mom go through damn near every psyche med possible I knew I had to learn and know more. Considering my Bachelor's Degree was in Behavioral Science, I already had a basic understanding of mental illness and depression, but I needed more information on the therapy process. My goal has always been to get those letters behind my name and be able to help people obtain a greater quality of life. I've taken care of my grandmother who was a stroke patient for 7 years before passing away, I've worked with kids with mental and emotional disabilities, and I am also a caregiver for my 89 year old grandfather who has been maintaining and battling Prostate Cancer for the last 3 years as well as a rare form of MS for the past 25+ years. So this is my calling, what comes natural to me. So I enrolled myself into the Master's Program. This program has been a true blessing for me. I am gaining a greater awareness for so much, not just with my mom but with myself as well and I THANK GOD for blessing me with the opportunity. Please keep my family and I in your prayers and GOD BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment