Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Thursday, December 10, 2015

Picking Your Battles

In life you will learn that not everything is worth the fight. It took me quite some time to learn that I had to pick my battles. I was told that by an elder in my mid-twenties and I thought I understood what that meant when it was initially told to me, but over the years I learned that I had no idea what was really being said. I am a very literal person, so it didn't quite resonate with me at the time. But, boy oh boy do I understand it now. I had to go through quite a few battles to finally get it right myself, and boy were there some pointless battles along the way. A lot of time and energy was wasted on things that ultimately held no REAL value or meaning to what was and is really important in this thing called life.

Over time the value of communication has been at the forefront of most things that I do because without it most relationships fail to exist in a place of HARMONY.  It becomes a place of misperceptions, misinterpretations, and miscommunication. A complete clusterfuck... (Excuse my language) but, its just a damn mess. And although chaos seems to be a definite factor in this equation, peace is something that can still be found and restored.

Often times it is difficult to see and understand the circumstance you are in while being in the midst of it. Oddly enough this is the most empowering place that you can find your center and restore your peace. It is where solace and harmony exist. Where your vision and perception of what is manifests into something far greater than what simply lays in front of you. It is where strength resides. Where awareness of self is found. It is a place where we don't necessarily want to be, but a place in which we need to be. And that is the part that many battle with, understanding the true difference between our wants and our needs. Because sadly enough what we not is not always what we need. But the ego is often times the driving force behind many of our decisions. It is the impulsive prideful side of us that thinks about the self and whether or not the decision we are about to make is going to satisfy the self. It is VERY POWERFUL... the EGO that is and it is important that we remain rational and think past the self.

Picking your battles is not always about being right, or being fair, or trying to explain your position. It's about having the ability to know that ultimately in the end, none of that truly matters. If it is not creating a resolution to the REAL matter at hand then it just isn't as important as the EGO wants you to believe. Sometimes you just have to bow out gracefully and prepare to fight another day.

Well all until we meet again..... Peace and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment