Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stepping Up To The Plate

Over the last month and a half my responsibilities have definitely increased, requiring me to now "STEP UP TO THE PLATE". I have been battling with the notion of being my moms conservator, but I had to do it. I went to court yesterday, well considering the time it would have been Monday now. I was granted conservator ship over my mom and it entailed alot more than I realized. My mom is not allowed to drive while being conserved and she cannot make any financial or medical decisions for herself. I am in control of everything and the doctors cannot make any decisions for her without my consent and authorization. I am happy with the decision that I made because now I can be an advocate for my mom and be informed of what is going on at all times. That also means that it is up to me to see that my sister is as successful as she can possibly be. It has been hard work but she is coming along quite well. She will be starting college in July and I am so excited for her. My daughter is starting high school this fall and I am soo excited for that as well. I know she will be fine, I just wish her dad would not be so fearful. I know he just wants to keep her safe and protected, but he must let her gain a sense of independence and confidence on her own. She must be and feel comfortable with her abilities to make the best decisions for herself. GOD is working everything out in HIS own way and I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment