Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Monday, February 25, 2019

How It All Started

Mental health is something that I am very passionate about and if you know me then you are familiar with my messages of self-love, and healthy mental and physical well-being. For those of you that are more recent readers and have not had the chance to go waaaay back into my blogs, I will give you some insight...
My journey with mental health started about 2007 when my mom was faced with some serious and traumatic life events in addition to the onset of menopause. Over the span of six to eight months she endured the loss of her mom, the loss of her sleep, a bad break-up in which she was emotionally, mentally, and physically abused, and a few other losses as well. She had tried everything from sleep meds to seeing her family doctor on a regular basis, and even therapy. Nothing seemed to work once she lost her sleep. She had gone 14 days with only 8 hours of sleep and at this point she was suffering from psychosis and other various symptoms. From there things only seemed to get worse until I put myself through pharmacy tech school. That way I could get a clear handle and understanding of the meds she was talking and the effects that they could and were having on her physically and mentally. Once I understood the pharmaceutical part of mental health, I realized that there was so much more involved. Two years later I was then blessed with the opportunity to get into the Master's program for Marriage Family and Child Therapy while working for my family business. It is so amazing how Thee Most High works and all we have to do is be open to receive and be present in the here and now.
Over the course of 3 years I received my Master's of Science in MFT and gained a much better sense of my mom's mental dis-ease and my own mental wellness. I enrolled in the program to save my mom's life and in fact I was able to save mine as well. I learned the importance of self-care and how I had done and was doing everything that I possibly could and now it was time for my mom to do some things for herself while working with a team of individuals who were going to help her gain back control of her life and well-being.
It had definitely been a long road filled with ups and downs, highs and lows, hospital stays long and short, and dramatic life changes. Mental health and well-being is soo important and I cannot say it enough. We have all been in a dark place at one time or another in life, however we made it through and we stand here today to be able to talk about it and to share it in hopes of helping someone else who may be quietly going through the same thing. Life can be funny like that sometimes... giving us shit just so we can savor the sugar. Whole Well-being is the key to mental well-being. You have to do the things to nurture yourself as a whole physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. They are all intertwined and play an important role with each other. Don't take either part of yourself for granted. You deserve to be at your very best and to be your most truest self. Your best life is lived from the heart and soul!

Love and Light!
Namaste' - "I See The Divine In You"

No comments:

Post a Comment