Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Sunday, April 9, 2017

Is A Relationship Just Another Responsibility?

I recently had a conversation where relationships between men and women were the central topic. The comment that had me thinking was a statement about the person saying the he doesn't need a woman because he knows how to cook, clean, sew and anything else that I'm assuming he felt was the duty and responsibility of a woman. 

Although, I understood completely where he was coming from with regard to being self-sufficient, I didn't agree. However, it did make me want to ask if all he sees a woman for is her responsibility to cook, clean, sew, and keep a good house. As I sat there and thought about his answer, I thought to myself, what about love and companionship? What about those small intricate things that a woman can do, the way in which a woman truly loves and nurtures. What about the things that, no matter how self-sufficient, you just can't do them without a woman, or even if it is done (not by a woman) it won't have the same effect, touch and or meaning. Look, I GET IT! I felt the same way at one point and time, until I realized that I do need a man because I need and desire LOVE and COMPANIONSHIP, the love and companionship that only a man can provide. The way in which THE CREATOR intended for it to be.

It saddens me to see so many lose sight of what love really is. It seems as it LOVE is viewed as a responsibility and or a duty. I guess I'll just have to ponder on this conversation. Like the old saying goes, "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus." There is definitely two very different perspectives shared, but communication and keeping an open mind will keep the two balanced and able to meet on a common ground.

Namaste' - "I See The Divine In You."

No comments:

Post a Comment