Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Monday, February 22, 2016

The Feeling of Defeat

We all set goals in life and want nothing more than to achieve those goals. But, what happens when we don't? A bunch of emotions set in that all seem overwhelming and sometimes paralyzing. Leaving us in a place of frustration and confusion. Feeling less than and often times feeling defeated. How do we overcome this feeling? How do we not become stagnant worrying about the shoulda, coulda, woulda's? Focused on all of the things that we simply cannot change. I've been pondering this for a few weeks now because I have found myself struggling with this very dilemma. What seems to frustrate me more is that I believe that the goal I set was very attainable. Maybe not quite as easy as I anticipated, but definitely achievable. However, the results that I received were not quite the results I was  looking for. But, like the old saying goes, "Every cloud has a silver lining." There was definitely a lesson learned from the situation and that is what is most important. Although the desired goal was not achieved, it does not mean that it cannot be achieved. Better planning is definitely key and expecting the unexpected is important as well. 

I still struggle with what could have been, but that doesn't help the situation much. It doesn't help me to create a space of openness to what is to come because I'm too focused on the past and what I can't change. It's important to remember that looking backwards doesn't allow you to focus on moving forward. What cannot be changed must be left behind so that a space is created for what is to come. And although it sounds easy and as I type these very words to my readers out there, I still find it a struggle to not feel all of these things. Funny thing is, is that I can sit here and recognize it and see the humor in it. I'm not in denial of my flaws surprisingly. I accept them and by doing that it allows me to move forward and focus on what matters. That would seem like an oxymoron considering the fact that I can be a perfectionist in specific areas of my life. Oh the things that make my world go round.

Amazingly so, I now find myself moving towards a place of acceptance for the the journey I am now on. And that is in fact the first step in moving forward. Accepting what has happened and not happened and choosing to move forward is the most important step in the process. It shows that one does not feel defeated, but in fact empowered to push forward and continue towards the goal. There are various ways to get things done. So maybe this just means you need to re-group and create another game plan. Using what didn't work the previous time to figure out what can possibly work the next time. The failed opportunity is not really a negative thing if you really analyze and pay attention to the small lessons that come out of them. Most times it teaches you something about yourself. You gain self-awareness and are afforded the opportunity to be more aligned with what is yours by divine right. You can create another game plan that is now more closely related to who you are and what it is you need and not what you solely desire. 

In life everything is about perspective and how you react to the ups and downs of this crazy roller coaster we call life. Remember, do not let your emotions get the best of you. Making decisions in an emotional state is definitely not a good place to be in. In addition, focusing on the past doesn't leave much space for you to focus on what is to come. Be patient but diligent in making decisions and creating a game plan. Be prepared for completion of your goal but, also be mindful of hitting a couple of snags along the way. But, most importantly ALWAYS remember to KEEP YOUR HEAD UP and continue to move forward. Be GRATEFUL for every opportunity whether GOOD or NOT SO GOOD. Nothing worth having will come easy and anything easy isn't worth having. 

Until we meet again PEACE ans BLESSINGS.....

No comments:

Post a Comment