Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Saturday, August 29, 2015

A BITTER SWEET MOMENT

So I haven't shared a post that has been really personal lately, but today seems fitting to do just that. My previous entries usually entail stories about my daughter, my mom, and life. I have rarely, if ever spoken about my biological father and the fact that I have an older brother. Well over the last few months my life has transformed dramatically. I have opened myself up to the New Possibilities of life. One of those possibilities was re-connecting with my Brother after 35 years. And really you can say for the first time ever. The possibility was created because I decided to re-establish my Facebook after my AMAZING FRIENDS from my LANDMARK ADVANCED COURSE asked me to be UNREASONABLE and get another account after years of not having one. Sure  enough after about 3 weeks of having my account I get a Facebook Messenger message. Never in a million years would I had thought it would be my brother. Even as the pic and name popped up the idea of it being my brother wasn't even a thought. I looked at the name and figured it was one of my friends from elementary school or high school. I look at the profile and the pic and I'm like "Nope don't know this person." And I clicked off the page. So I go back and re-read the message....Well hello. If this is who it is I have been looking for you for quite some time now and I look forward to seeing you soon....I sat there for a second and responded with....And  who do you think I am?....I waited for a reply and when it came I was blown away.....My sister if you have a father named Michael... I couldn't believe the words I was reading across my screen. Long story short we re-connected and last night was the night when we officially met each other. We met and talked and drank and ate for 4 hours. I couldn't stop staring at him every time he smiled because he looks JUST LIKE OUR DAD!!! We talked about life and family and friends that we both have in common. We laughed and it was just a surreal moment for me. The bitter part came during the conversation when I asked how Dad was doing and he had this look like this wasn't an answer he wanted to give me right here. My dad passed away a year ago and when he told me that I just sat there. After my dad and I stopped speaking again in 2009 after a short lived relationship that was VERY NON-EXISTENT I would regret the fact that I allowed my anger to throw away all of his contact information. I had given up on trying to establish a relationship but, I would wonder if anything ever happened to him how would I know. I didn't have a relationship with anyone on my dad's side. But, no matter how non-existent our relationship was, he was still my father and it did hit me when I was driving home that my father was no longer here and that I wasn't going to get another chance to make amends with him. But, I am ok because I have my brother now and I feel like I can learn so much more from him about my dad. I am GRATEFUL AND SITTING ON A CLOUD NINE. Well until we meet again.
Peace and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment