Embracing CHANGE

It's amazing how life can take the swiftest turn and CHANGE everything you thought to be possible. CHANGE does not always mean the loss of something... CHANGE is a means of creating another way to ACCOMPLISH your goals...



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Maintaining My Own Sanity

As I spend time informing others of the importance of maintaining peace of mind, I often forget about my own. It has been said that those who give the best advice rarely take heed to their own words. I must admit, I too am a victim of that very theory. These last few weeks have been very hard for me emotionally, but I remain strong, trusting that MY GOD will continue to covet and bless me as only HE CAN!! I have definitely been down a long travelled road, full of highs and lows, and ups and downs. My daughter had an ASTOUNDING OLYMPIC RUN, coming home with not 1 but 2 GOLD MEDALS AND SHE EVEN BROKE THE AAU NATIONAL RECORD, NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE. I AM DEFINITELY A PROUD MOM!!! She has also began her journey into high school. I am proud and nervous at the same time. But, I know that she will do well. For me, I am coming up on 1 year of being in my Master's program. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. I have  a year left of class and about 6 months of intern that must be done. I can't wait to get my feet wet, but I am such a perfectionist, I just hope that I make my profession proud. I want to make a difference. I love what I do and knowing that what I do can enhance someones life. But, before I can help others with the struggles of everyday life, I must make sure that I first am ok. I cannot help someone else if I cannot help myself. It is ok to say that I AM NOT PERFECT!! Because truthfully NO ONE IS!! As long as I continuously recognize the things that are going on in mu life, GOOD and BAD, then I will be able to be the BEST that I can be for not only myself , but for my clients as well. I THANK GOD everyday for the small things and REJOICE in the things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment